We are pleased to announced that the FunCup Series will be bringing one of their two seater cars to demonstrate before our race. Not only will the car be on show but to introduce our teams to the FunCup Series.
- Weight 740k
- 1.8 Audi Power Plant
- Lightweight space frame chassis
- Mid engine configuration
- Sequential gear box
- Paddle shift system option
The team will be entering a new team into the race for Round 6 in the Super class.
The Funcup Academy has been created to introduce drivers from 16 years of age into car racing, to enable them to forge a Motorsport career and become a racing driver of the future.
The Academy will offer full training and support to all drivers.
Jay Shepherd of Team7Racing is the driving force behind the FunCup Academy. Jay is a Grade A ARDS Instructor and Professional Racing Driver.
The FunCup Academy training car is also available to hire for track day experiences, corporate hospitality or private hire. Sponsorship Opportunities.
UK FunCup Championship Facts
- 6-8 race meetings per year around the top UK circuits eg Oulton Park, Brands Hatch and Snetterton.
- Endurance Championship
- Race meetings between 3-6 hours
- 2-4 drivers per meeting
- 25-30 cars on the grid.
- Competitive championship from complete novice to the highly experienced (Professional Racing drivers and ex Touring car drivers)
- Over 46 hours televised coverage on Motors TV and Sky Sports.
We look forward to welcoming the team to the series in a couple of weeks time for Round 6.