NMA Racing (formerly Roper Racing) have been around the series since 2014. With no karting experience between them they initially bought a prokart to play with in owner driver test sessions. In 2014 they attended some of the pre-race practices on Saturday mornings and soon wanted to try their hands at racing. In 2015 they participated in most of the RHPK season, with their best result being a 2nd place (Clubman) in July amongst other podium finishes.
With improvements made over the winter, NMA Racing are hoping to be competing towards the front of the Clubman championship this year.
Mark describes some lessons learnt since they started karting…
- Some drivers need sickness tablets…. Our first race (for me at least) wasn’t pleasant
- Drill holes in Your seat. Sitting in a large puddle of fuel is very unpleasant for the duration of your stint!
- Hold your ground on the weigh bridge
- If you haven’t driven two stints before, be prepared to ache from every joint the day after!
- You can chase those extra few tenths on the track, but you can so easily lose 10 seconds in the pits. Try making that back!
- Loctite is your friend
The current driver line-up for this year consists of Mark Roper & Adam Roper, however they are on the lookout for a third driver to join them for the 2016 season. If you are interested then contact Mark on 0781 797 2694 or contact him via the forum.
We look forward to seeing NMA Racing in March potentially with a third driver, a Clubman team to lookout for!