Torsion bars – Are they allowed?

Home Forums 4 Stroke/Pro-Karting Discussion Torsion bars – Are they allowed?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    Participant

I recently bought a rolling chassis and will be looking to enter the owner driver endurance races next year, once I’ve rebuilt the kart and sourced some engines. The chassis has three torsion bars which concerns me regarding the rules. Looking at MSA documentation it states that front ones must be removed or welded. I may be wrong but I believe that the endurance races at Rye House don’t use the MSA rules. I am unsure if torsion bars are allowed or not, can anyone confirm if they are allowed so I can get the chassis welded if needed before I get it painted.

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the Series and the site! Be great to have you racing with us soon.

What chassis do you have? Torsion bars in RHKP can be removed/fitted as you like.

Mark

Ian
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    I’m not sure what chassis I have. Someone said it could be an ‘MSR’ built by a guy at the old Surbiton track, Neil Somebody. Circa 97. I have put some images on Flckr in case anyone has some more info on what it could be. Good news that I can run it with the torsion bars. Less work to get it ready 🙂

Link to images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/22697919@N05/sets/72157664621556070

Ian
    Participant

After talking to 7Kart, it appears that the chassis could be a Stratos Storm, made around the 1998/99 period.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.