Clutch settings

Home Forums 4 Stroke/Pro-Karting Discussion Clutch settings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Howes
    Participant

Having siezed one of my clutches on Saturday I was wondering if I have the incorrect setting. Can anyone give advice on which setting to use for the endurance race. One of my drivers is quite heavy and comes in at approx 205kg and I’m about 184kg. It siezed while I was driving so the weight may not be an issue.

Thanks
    Brian

greg lg racing
    Participant

hi brian//the best clutch setting for the pro karts is the standard setting that thay come out of the box like ///magnum clutches are very good/////little bit of brake cleaner sprayed in to the drum//and very little bit of bearing lube sprayed on to the inner roller //from the shaft side //u should have no trouble with then?make shore u fit the inner washer on the shaftside of the engine //or u will crush the roller bearings/and can cause it to sieze/also if u don’t no how old or how many hours the clutchs have done get a new pair ///always get a pair when changing clutches //if u mix then u will end up with one engine pulling better than the other hope this helps greg /////

Brian Howes
    Participant

Thanks Greg
    Very useful
    Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.